Login to reply

9 posts

by Herbi 2 years ago
Hello everybody, I'm Helmut(please excuse my bad english)i just found this really, really cool tool! Korduene seems to build bridges to help people who are absolutely not into programming languages(like me 😀 ) to develope their own little(or bigger) applications without the need to write code. I saw that it did not reach its goal on Kickstarter unfortunately, but i hope that Rebin is keeping it on. Korduene is the first Visual IDE Software i saw which logic is easily to understand for the most part, and it is designed very clear to me. Different to other solutions where you get instant "eye-cancer" when you look at it. 😀 So enough of praising 😃, here's my question:As I said, i'm not very into prgramming and its logic, but I wrote some simple sqlite Databases and want to design a form-app to add data. Is this possible with Korduene?I found out how to reference System.Data.sqlite.dll in the right way, create or open the DB, load data into GridView, and how the custom query node works. What is not clear to me is how to add Data from e.g. a textbox to specific rows/columns. How can i make Korduene/Graph know which table/row/column the Data has to be inserted? Has it something to do with the lists (Tablenames, and so on)? If so, the list-thing is the other thing which is not very clear to me. Or is it the Entry Node? I hope this question is not too comical, but i really do not discover how to do that! 😀 It would be nice if somebody could give me a tip or example for the basic structure of adding data to the sqlite DB in Korduene.Thanks!

by Rebin 2 years ago
Hi Helmut,Welcome to the forums, and thank you for your kind words 🙂To be honest, looking at the whole database node group now, I'm thinking "what was I thinking?!" because I wrote that while back and I have no idea how I thought the nodes supposed be working together.If you have a bit of patience, I will be re-writing the whole database management this weekend and have it released by next week, because this has been taking far too long. But I think it will be worth it, because it will include SQLite, MS SQL and MySQL 🙂As for lists, lists are pretty much lists of things, for example List<Int32> is just a list of numbers where you can add/remove numbers to/from the list and use For Each nodes to iterate through the whole list.Here is an example of basic database functionality: (Make sure to put SQLite.Interop.dll and System.Data.SQLite.dll in the Output folder)Word of advice is to leave the database stuff just now until next as will release an update with the new database nodes.If you have any other questions or issues, let me know.Thanks for your support.Rebin

Korduene Developer
by Herbi 2 years ago
Thank you very much Rebin, now its a little bit clearer to me!I'm looking forward to what is coming and how Korduene will evolve, so i made a donation. Keep on it!

by enotar 2 years ago
Happy about getting all this..... Thank you for that

by Rebin 2 years ago
Thank you guys,Managed to rewrite the database support, with a bit of delay, I do apologize for that, but supporting more database types than I mentioned 😉Check it out here.Thanks for your support.

Korduene Developer
by enotar 2 years ago
You are greatthank you

by Rebin 2 years ago
You're awesome enotar 🙂Thank you for your support.

Korduene Developer
by nocjock 2 years ago
I get error when trying to use your db file. Namespace database does not exist in korduene.

by Rebin 2 years ago
My apologies, you may have an old copy of the project sample, I should really sort out the site content.You can get the latest copy of the database project sample here.

Korduene Developer
Login to reply
;