Login to reply

4 posts

by Fjhobma 4 years ago
Hi Rebin,You have created a very nice development system. It looks a bit like Limnor but Korduene is more elegant is use.But can you show/tell me how to do the validation of the value of a textbox after I use "enter" or a Tab to leave that Textbox?And how to put the cursor back in the textbox when an invalid value is entered?Regards and respect for your efforts, expertise and resultFolkert

by Rebin 4 years ago
Hi Folkert,Thank you very much, much appreciated 🙂Quite honestly, currently there is no solid solution, it's doable but not solid, I'll be releasing an update in the next couple of days, which will include couple of missing features, and this will be included.In the meantime have a look at the following graphIt's very basic, it creates an error provider and sets it on Text Change.And here is the project sampleI will reply to this post with a proper solution when I release the update.

Korduene Developer
by Fjhobma 4 years ago
Hi RebinThanx for your quick reaction and example. It works but not as I hoped. The error fires directly after I typed the first letter in the textbox. I want the field-validation start after typing alle the letters/numbers in the textbox and then doing an enter or tab. But I discovered under advanced controls a new textbox with an lostfocus event. That event is exactly what I need.The second and much more important thing missing is the business rule to use in the field validation. Any ideas how to implement that?RegardsFolkert

by Rebin 4 years ago
Hi Folkert,I've just updated Korduene, which includes ErrorProver (UI>ErrorProvider>New) node where you can indicate errors on controls.Also now there is "Leave" event available for most of the controls, you can simply right click on the textbox, go to events and select "Leave" which will fire after you leave the textbox.As for the actual validation, it depends on what you want to do, for example if you don't want the field to be empty, just check the field before setting the ErrorProvider, check out the latest post in the announcements for a sample graph.Let me know if you need anything else.Rebin

Korduene Developer
Login to reply
;