Login to reply

11 posts

by Zeljko 5 years ago
Hi everyone!Does anybody knows if it is possible to connect to other kind of databases beside MySQL, with Korduene? How?Thanks.

by Rebin 5 years ago
Hi there,Current support is only for SQLite, but there are plans to support other database types.Which database type you wish to use in particular?Rebin

Korduene Developer
by Zeljko 5 years ago
MySQL and SQL server are very popular.But suggestions are welcomed about using database that supports very large number of connections (>1000)Please explain is it possible to update client's PC with changes in database structure made on server, without loosing any data?This is crucial!TNX.

by Rebin 5 years ago
Not quite sure, I think MySQL allows more connections than any other database types, I could be wrong though.Yes of course, it depends on how you update your client PC and how flexible is your application.I will be rewriting the SQL library in near future to include more database types like SQL server and MySQL, plus make it a lot easier with some more advanced features.

Korduene Developer
by Zeljko 5 years ago
A very big help would be some kind of tool that do the synchronizing between the old and new database structure on the client's pc. On that way, the developer would have a full freedom of programming without being afraid how to update changes on client's PC. And, you know that with evolving of application comes evolving of database, new tables, changed/added table fields etc.In addition, some tool for registration of separate modules would be highly recommended! When we finish our application, we usually want to have easy way for the clients to register a part or complete application...Just a small wishlist 🙂))

by Rebin 5 years ago
I have a very limited experience with databases, however as I'm currently dealing with databases on daily bases (SQL Server) I realize how limited the current database management is with Korduene.So for that, I will be redesigning the whole concept with multiple database types in mind, where you can do anything you wish with databases using nodes.As for module registration, I presume you're talking about disabling and enabling parts of the application based on client requirements, this completely depends on how you want to do it and since Korduene allows creating anything with the new Type System, you will be able to do just that.But again Korduene is all about making application development as easy as possible, so I will also add this to the list of features that shall be implemented in the next versions 🙂Thanks for the suggestions.

Korduene Developer
by enotar 5 years ago
Excelent news Thank yoiu

by enotar 5 years ago
So for now we have SQL create/open database it is clear. But what about create table, Create index, Create view?If I just want to create a simple database with one or 2 table and create a view from it, is it possible or still not?The existing list of SQL nodes is : Create/Open Custom Query Delete Row Drop Table Entry Entry Info Get Columns Get Row Get Rows Get Table Names Insert Row Insert Rows Into DataGridView Load Into DataGridView Load Into ListView Load Search Into DataGridView Load Search Into ListView Row Row Info Search Update Rows Update Table From DataGridViewExcuse my question but is this list missing some nodes or they are include?Example Create/open allow to work with db and table and view?Not sure Thank you for your answer and I am discovering new things everyday, love it......

by Rebin 5 years ago
Hi enotar,Sorry for the late reply, been very busy.As I just had a look at it, you're correct it's missing some nodes, there is no Create Table and the View is nowhere to be seen.As I mentioned in the earlier post, I will be re-designing the whole database handling, because this is missing a lot of stuff.Thanks for pointing that out and thanks for your patience.

Korduene Developer
by enotar 5 years ago
No problem! Take your time.Thank you for the dedication on this software.

by Rebin 5 years ago
Thanks for understanding, I will try my best to get back on developing new features as soon as I can.

Korduene Developer
Login to reply
;